Lemon Lime Cooler
Nothing beats a refreshing icy cold drink on a hot summer’s day. This is a great drink for the hot months as it isn’t sickly sweet and has a nice refreshing tang to it thanks to the lemon and lime. Serve this with lots of ice and fresh lemon and lime slices. If you have a particular preference for lemon or lime you can adjust the ratio accordingly. If you are having a BBQ with adults, it is a great base to be mixed with a white spirit for a refreshing cocktail.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Lemon Lime Cooler was a hit with the kids! They said it tasted just like lemonade! Very refreshing for a hot summer day." - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Makes just over 2.5 litres
Can be frozen into ice cubes and blended for a slushie-style drink
- icing sugar - 180g, pure
- lemons - 4, large, flesh, seeds removed
- limes - 4, small, flesh, seeds removed
- soda water - 2.5L, cold
- ice cubes - lots of
- lemon - slices, for garnish
- lime - slices, for garnish
- Place sugar (180g), lemon flesh (4) and lime flesh (4) into bowl with 250ml of sparking mineral water and 200g of ice. Blend Speed 9 / 20 seconds.
- Pour into a large jug or drink dispenser.
- Pour remaining water into the jug. This will bubble up so pour slowly.
- Add 500-1000g ice to the jug for an icy cold drink.
- Stir with a large spoon to mix. Add some fresh lemon and lime slices and enjoy!