Lemon & Herb Bean Bites
Looking for a recipe to suit your little party guests? These Lemon & Herb Bean Bites have the right flavour profile and perfect shape for little people starting finger foods. To spice them up a bit, you could serve them with aioli, a vibrant pesto sauce or tomato chutney. They are also great to have in the freezer for snacks and quick meals.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I thought they were quite tasty, a bit like a chicko roll! My two year old liked them!" - Liz
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 15 fingers
Can be frozen
- spring onion - 1, roughly chopped
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- fresh parsley - 10g
- fresh basil - 10g
- chilli - 1 small, mild
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked
- besan / chickpea flour - 140g (or wholemeal plain flour)
- cannellini beans - 2 x 400g tins, drained
- lemon - 2 tsp, zest
- olive oil
- Place spring onion (1), garlic (1), parsley (10g), basil (10g), chilli (1) and pepper (1tsp) to the bowl. Speed 7 /5 seconds. Scrape down.
- Repeat by mixing Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add flour (140g), drained beans (from 2 x 400g tins) and lemon (2 tsp). Speed 8 / 8 seconds.
- Pour mixture out onto a plate. Roll mixture into small balls, fingers or your preferred shape. You may need to flour or oil your hands slightly if the mixture is too wet. If your mixture is simply too wet to work with, add additional flour until it is manageable for you.
- Place frying pan onto a medium-high heat. Add 1cm of olive oil to the pan.
- Once the oil has come to heat, carefully place the fingers into the oil. Cook in two batches.
- Cook for 4 minutes one side, roll over and cook for another 4 minutes on the other or until golden and heated through.
- Carefully remove and place onto some paper towel to drain.
- Serve warm.