Lemon, Garlic and Parmesan Stuffed Zucchini
Looking for a new way to cook zucchini? This is the recipe for you. It is so easy to whip up, but it looks impressive on the table. As an option, you can serve this variation to your vegetarian guests and the Mexican Stuffed Zucchinis to your meat eaters!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a super quick and easy vegetarian option. The rest of my family was having a BBQ for dinner, so I made these to have instead. Love the fresh taste of the lemon in the stuffing." - Terri
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- zucchinis - 3 meduim or 2 large, halved and deseeded
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- lemon - 2, peel, strips
- fresh parsley - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Parmesan cheese - 150g (*can use 2 Tbsp of nutritional yeast flakes for DF
- bread - 4 slices, day old, *can use GF
- egg - 1, large
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place garlic cloves (3), lemon peel (2 strips), parsley (1 Tbsp), cheese (150g) and bread (4 slices) into the bowl. Chop Speed 9 / 6 seconds.
- Add the egg (1) and pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 5 seconds or until mixed through the breadcrumbs.
- Place stuffing into each hollowed-out zucchini half (4, from 2 zucchinis). Freeze the zucchini seeds and use in your next vegetable soup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until stuffing is golden and zucchini has softened slightly.
- Serve immediately