Lemon Coconut Muffins
These delightful little muffins have been shared with us by Nikalene Riddle from Skinnymixers. They will give you a little bit of a pick-me-up without a sugar overload. This makes them good for a packed lunch for a child as well, as you don't want to create a sugar high in the schoolyard!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "They were lovely lemony sensations. I would definitely make them again." - Erika
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10-15 minutes
Makes 10 muffins
Can be frozen
- plain flour - 160g, or cake flour (*can use GF)
- baking powder - 2 tsp (*ensure GF if required)
- egg - 1
- coconut sugar - 80g, or sweetener of choice
- coconut milk - 70g
- lemon juice - 70g
- coconut oil - 30g, melted
- desiccated coconut - 20g
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease or line mini muffin tins with paper cases.
- If you need to melt your coconut oil (30g), add it to the mixer and program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 2, continuing until melted.
- Add the cake flour (160g), baking powder (2 tsp), egg (1), coconut sugar (80g), coconut milk (70g), lemon juice (70g), coconut oil (30g) and coconut (20g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 4 / 20 seconds, measuring cap on. Scrape down sides.
- Mix again Speed 4 / 10 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Spoon into the muffin tins. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until very light brown.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and enjoy!