Lemon Coconut Fat Bomb Hearts
For a zingy creamy treat, you can't go past these fat bomb hearts. They give you the perfect little boost, with a touch of sweetness and the freshness from the lemon oil. They have been shared with us by Daniela and Michelle from Thermo-Foodie and The Chef.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These fat bombs are quick and easy to make and are very handy to have as an on the go healthy snack. They satisfy that sweet craving whilst filling you up with good fats. The added touch of the lemon essential oil makes a great combination between sweet and tart." - Sharree
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes + 1 hour setting time
Can be frozen
- xylitol - 20g (or sweetener of choice for a high carb version)
- desiccated coconut - 100g
- lemon oil - 15 drops, food grade (available from Doterra®)
- coconut oil - 40g, melted or at least soft
- coconut cream - 120g
- Add the xylitol (20g) to the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 10 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Tap the lid and leave for 1 minute to let the dust settle. Scrape down sides.
- Add the coconut (100g), lemon oil (15 drops), coconut oil (40g) and coconut cream (120g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 10 seconds, measuring cap on. Scrape down sides and repeat.
- Line a slice tray with baking paper. Press firmly into the tray or into 20 individual heart shaped chocolate moulds and set in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 week. These can be frozen for up to 3 months.