Lemon Coconut Balls
This recipe has been contributed from the lovely Kelly, a reader of The 4 Blades Magazine. Kelly originally posted this recipe within my Questions Group and it has been such a massive hit that we thought it was only fair to share it here too. Thank you so much for allowing us to share this recipeKelly! It is delicious! (My 1 yr old thought all his Christmases had come at once when he got to try one of these!) Please note: This recipe has been tweaked slightly from Kelly's original recipe. - Peta
No: Gluten / Dairy / Eggs
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Makes 20 balls, 40 mini balls
Best served once given time to set. Can be frozen.
- coconut - 50g, shredded, extra
- coconut - 130g, shredded
- almonds - 100g
- coconut oil - 30g
- rice malt syrup - 60g, or honey
- lemon - 1, from zest
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- Place the 50g of shredded coconut into bowl. Speed 9 / 5 seconds. Pour coconut onto plate. This will be the coating of the balls.
- Place coconut (130g), almonds (100g), coconut oil (30g), rice malt syrup (60g), zest from 1 lemon and juice from half a lemon into bowl. Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Using a spatula, remove the dough from the bowl and place into the bowl.
- Roll mixture into 20 small balls. Roll in the set aside coconut to coat.
- Store in the fridge to set.