This family friendly Lemon Chicken has a delicious lemon taste that is balanced out by a little apple juice. It has chicken and a good serving of vegetables and is cooked in a way that leaves the veggies fresh and delicious.
This recipe was featured in Episode 95 of The 4 Blades podcast: Thermomix One Pot Wonders.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 40 minutes
Can be frozen
- fresh thyme - 4 sprigs, leaves only
- chilli - 1, seeded or deseeded, to taste
- lemons - 2, small
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- oil - 15g
- vegetable stock - 2 tsp, paste, using half the recommended salt
- tapioca starch - 1 Tbsp (or 2 tsp corn starch)
- apple juice - 50g
- sweetener of choice - 30g (we used xylitol, can use sugar or honey)
- chicken thigh - 700g, cut into bite sized cubes
- broccoli - 150g, florets, in bite sized pieces
- green beans - 100g, in bite sized pieces
- Add thyme leaves (from 4 sprigs), chilli (1) and lemon peel (from 2 lemons)to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 10. Scrape down sides.
- Add onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Combine Speed 5-6 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (15g). Program 4:30 minutes / 110C* / Speed 1.
- Add stock paste (2 tsp), lemon juice (from 2 lemons), tapioca starch (1 Tbsp) and apple juice (50g). Program 6 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2, measuring cap off.
- Add sweetener (30g). Blend Speed 10 / 30 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Test flavour of the sauce. You can add more sweetness / saltiness / lemon as desired.
- Add chicken (700g). Program 10 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add broccoli (150g) and beans (100g). Program 7 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Serve straight away, along with rice or steamed greens.
* If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.