Lemon and Thyme Chicken Wings
The great thing about this recipe is that you can have the marinated chicken wings ready in the freezer. If you have a crowd coming over, you aren't far away from having something to serve as finger food. And something delicious, at that!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Nice and golden brown. Tasted fantastic." - Profulla
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + at least 1 hour marinating time
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Makes a lot!
Can be frozen before or after cooking
You will need:
container with lid
2-3 baking trays
- chicken wings - 2-3kg, separated into wingettes and drummettes (discard wing tips)
- garlic cloves - 6, peeled
- lemon - 3 strips, peel
- fresh thyme - 3 Tbsp, leaves
- salt - 1 tsp
- lemon juice - 80g, fresh
- olive oil - 80g
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (6), lemon peel (3 strips) and fresh thyme leaves (3 Tbsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the salt (1 tsp), lemon juice (80g) and olive oil (80g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 15 seconds to combine.
- Place the chicken wingettes and drummettes (2-3kg) into a container with a lid for marinating. Pour over the marinade.
- Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour – this will help to develop the flavours.
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Line 2-3 baking trays with baking paper.
- Use tongs to transfer the chicken pieces to the prepared tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the pieces over and continue cooking for 15 minutes before removing from the oven. Alternative options are to cook under the grill or in an air fryer. If you have a heating element at the top of your oven, you may wish to turn it on in the last 15 minutes to brown the chicken.
- Serve warm or cold.