Lemon and Mint Quinoa Salad
So fresh, so fabulous. Lemon and mint pair beautifully to give a zesty zing to this satisfying salad. There are bright bursts of flavour from the tomato and pomegranate that everyone will love. The addition of quinoa really makes this salad go the distance!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Looks pretty and tasted yum. Would be a good one for me to have for lunches!" - Kate
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- quinoa - 90g
- water - 500g
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- lemon - 3, peel, strips
- fresh parsley - 10g
- olive oil - 10g
- lemon - 1, large, juice only
- honey - 15g
- rocket - 60g, leaves
- tomatoes - 200g, cherry, halved
- cucumber - 1, seeds removed and diced
- fresh mint - 20g, shredded
- pomegranate - 1, arils (seeds) only
- Rinse quinoa (90g) really well in the internal steaming basket. Set the basket in place.
- Cover with water (500g). Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove the internal steaming basket from the bowl with your spatula and allow to cool completely. Wash and dry bowl.
- Add the garlic cloves (2), lemon peel (3 strips) and parsley (10g) to bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (10g), lemon juice (from 1 lemon) and honey (15g) to bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Place cooked quinoa, rocket (60g), tomatoes (200g), cucumber (1) and mint (20g) into a large bowl.
- Add dressing and season well with salt and pepper.
- Top with pomegranate arils (from 1 pomegranate). Cut the pomegranate (1) in half horizontally along its equator (i.e. don’t cut through the spiky bit at the top, cut the opposite way along the middle). Spread your fingers and lay the cut side of the pomegranate on your fingers. Have a bowl in front of you and, with a wooden spoon, bash the arils from the pomegranate into the bowl. You need to bash hard, and you may need to manually remove some. Take out any pieces of pith that fall into the bowl. Do this for the other side too.