Lemon and Feta Spread with Crostini
One of the easiest and most delicious spreads you will enjoy this summer. Make a large batch and keep it in the fridge to enjoy throughout the day or for when you know visitors will be popping over. A delicious snack to enjoy over drinks!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Don't skip past this one! When I first looked at the title I wasn't sure about it, but it's so yum! A beautiful gourmet cream cheese for crackers or a lovely dollop on top of a salad. I'm also thinking it would be a delicious base layer on a savoury tart... Delicious!" - Terri
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- crostini - to serve (*can use GF bread)
- garlic cloves - 2, small, peeled
- lemon - 1, peel only (ensuring you get no pith)
- olive oil - 20g, plus extra to serve
- feta cheese - 250g
- ricotta cheese - 150g, soft*
- pepper - pinch, cracked
- fresh chives - chopped, to garnish
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2) and lemon peel (from 1 lemon) into the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides. Repeat if necessary.
- Add the olive oil (20g), feta cheese (250g), ricotta cheese (150g) and pepper (pinch) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds or until smooth.
- Scoop into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with chopped chives.
- Serve with crostini.
Make your own!
* Make your own ricotta cheese with the Ricotta Cheese recipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus Issue.