Lemon and Coconut Dahl
This hearty curry has been shared with us by Bec Allum from Thermobexta from her book Main Meals Made Easy. It fits so much goodness into one meal and is truly a great way to get a dose of that goodness into your family in the most delicious way.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A flavoursome and delicious fragrant dahl." - Heidi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 35 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 250g, peeled and roughly chopped
- coconut oil - 30g
- ginger - 20g, sliced into thin coins
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- chilli - 1, long red, roughly chopped
- garam masala - 2 tsp
- dried coriander - 2 tsp, ground
- cumin - 1 tsp, ground
- tomatoes - 400g, vine-ripened, halved (or 400g tinned tomatoes and 100g water)
- celery - 150g, roughly chopped
- carrot - 150g, roughly chopped
- coconut cream - 270ml tin
- water - 270g
- vegetable stock - 40g, paste
- lentils - 250g, split red, thoroughly rinsed
- baby spinach - 50g
- lemon juice - 40g
- Place onion (250g), oil (30g), ginger (20g), garlic cloves (3), chilli (1), garam masala (2 tsp), coriander (2 tsp) and cumin (1 tsp) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 10 seconds, measuring cap on. Scrape down sides.
- Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1, measuring cap off.
- Add tomatoes (400g), celery (150g) and carrots (150g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 15 seconds, measuring cap on. Scrape down sides.
- Add coconut cream (270ml tin), water (270g) and stock paste (40g) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Add lentils (250g) to the bowl and combine with a spatula. Program 20 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Place spinach (50g) in a thermal server or large bowl. Top with the dahl, then the lemon juice (40g). Allow it to rest for 5 minutes for the spinach to soften; the dahl will also thicken during this time.
- Combine thoroughly with a spatula before serving in bowls, with or without rice and top with your choice of suggested toppings.