Leftover Roast Chicken Stock
After you have finished cooking that yummy Orange and Ginger Roast Chicken, simply use the chicken carcass to make your own yummy chicken stock. How thrifty to be able to make something so useful out of something you would usually throw out!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Bone broths are on trend right now. This one is very tasty and more than just a broth. It's ready to drink and would be lovely when feeling a bit under the weather." - Cindy
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- leftover Orange and Ginger Roast Chicken - small bones discarded, broken up into chunks
- peppercorns - 1 Tbsp, black
- salt - 1 tsp
- dried mixed herbs - 50g (fresh thyme and fresh rosemary work well)
- Place onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) into the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add the leftover chicken, peppercorns (1 Tbsp), salt (1 tsp) and herbs (50g) to the bowl. Pour water into bowl up to the full line. Program 30 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap on.
- Strain through a large sieve and then through a fine sieve. Discard chicken carcass and vegetables.
- Freeze stock until needed.