Leek and Tomato Tart
This tasty tart has been shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. There is nothing finer than some fresh tomatoes atop a bed of cheese and your own amazing puff pastry... throw in the basil and leek, and you are in lunch heaven!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "An easy to make, tasty dish that can be used as a snack/canapé or as a nice lunch or dinner meal!" - Lauren
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- puff pastry - 2 sheets, you can make your own with the Iced Puff Pastry recipe from The Easter Subscriber Only Bonus Issue
- Parmesan cheese - 100g, cubed
- leek - 1, large, cleaned and sliced thinly
- cheddar cheese - 50g, cubed
- cream cheese - 100g
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- salt flakes - pink, to taste
- pepper - cracked black, to taste
- cherry tomatoes - punnet, red, halved
- cherry tomatoes - punnet, yellow, halved
- fresh basil - leaves or micro herbs, for garnish
- Premake the puff pastry (2 sheets) well in advance or replace with 2 sheets of store-bought puff pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 170C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice each sheet of puff pastry into two equal halves (approximately 10cm x 20cm) and lay two halves onto the prepared baking tray.
- Place Parmesan cheese (100g) into the bowl. Mill Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Sprinkle approximately half of the Parmesan cheese over each half-sheet on the tray, then top with the second layer of pastry.
- Prepare the leek (1) by slicing thinly and distributing across the top of the second layers of pastry. Bake for 20 minutes, until the pastry is starting to turn golden and the leek is caramelising.
- Meanwhile add the cheddar (50g), cream cheese (100g), garlic cloves (2), salt and pepper to the bowl. Blend Speed 6 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 6 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Warm the cheese mixture. Program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 1.
- Remove the tarts from the oven and spread the cheese mixture over the top of the leek slices. Top with the red tomatoes (punnet) and yellow tomatoes (punnet), sliced in halves. Return to the oven for approximately another 15-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden and the pastry is crispy.
- Garnish with herbs. Serve hot or cold, with or without a side salad.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites