Leek and Potato Bake
There is nothing better than a hearty side dish like this one for dinner. It is packed with good ingredients to keep your tummy happy. You can reheat it the next day and it tastes gorgeous with a pan-fried fish fillet.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Tasty oven bake, which could be used as a main or side dish. Looked nice with the bacon and cheese crust." - Diana
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Serves 6-8 as a side dish
Cannot be frozen
- cheddar cheese - 100g, mature
- ham - 100g, sliced
- water - 800g
- salt - 1.5 tsp
- potatoes - 600g, baby, peeled and quartered
- leeks - 4, halved lengthways and washed well between the layers
- butter - 50g, plus extra for greasing
- plain flour - 50g (*can use GF)
- mustard - 20g, American
- pepper - pinch, ground, black
- Place the cheddar (100g) in small pieces and ham (100g) in small pieces in the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Transfer to a small mixing bowl until later.
- Add the water (800g) and salt (1 tsp only) to the mixer bowl. Set the internal steaming basket in place. Place the potatoes (600g) in the basket.
- Add the leeks (4) to the steaming attachment lower dish. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 25 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove the steaming attachment and place the internal steaming basket aside. Pour the cooking liquid in a jug and grease an ovenproof dish.
- Leave the potatoes to cool for 5 minutes, then cut them into thick slices on a chopping board. Scatter on the bottom of the dish. Place the leeks in the centre on top of the potatoes. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the butter (50g) in the bowl. Program 1 minute / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the flour (50g). Program 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the reserved cooking liquid (500g), salt (1/2 tsp), mustard (20g) and pepper (pinch). Program 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 3.5.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and top with the cheese and ham mixture. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes before serving.