Leek and Potato Bacon Soup
This might be your new favourite soup! It has been shared with us by Monica Falconer from Mixing with Monica. With such easy ingredients, you won't believe the yummy flavour profile that this soup will bring! Give it a try to see for yourself.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The addition of bacon in this soup brings a whole new dimension and depth of flavour. My 6 year old had three bowls – winning!" - Kylie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- onion - 120g, brown, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- bacon - 200g, roughly cut (approx. 4 rashers)
- oil - 30g, of choice
- water - 700g
- pepper - 1/4 tsp, ground
- vegetable stock - 15g, paste
- potato - 350g, washed or peeled and roughly chopped
- leek - 300g, white part only, roughly chopped
- fresh chives - optional
- bread - crusty, to serve, optional (*omit for GF)
- Add the onion (120g), garlic cloves (2) and bacon (200g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Add the oil (30g) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1, measuring cap off.
- Add the water (700g), pepper (1/4 tsp), stock paste (15g), potato (350g) and leek (300g) to the bowl. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Start at Speed 5 and gradually increase the speed to 1 minute / Speed 9, measuring cap on. Please read your machine’s user manual for the correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and a little dash of pepper, then serve with crusty bread.