Leek and Cheese Tart
If you are craving something with substance and lots of flavour, this leek and cheese tart is exactly what you need. Serve it with some fresh salad and you will have the perfect dinner for the whole family. You can add in bacon if you want and freeze in portions to reheat when you are feeling peckish. For a gluten free variation, use the Grain Free Tart Shell as a base.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This light, delicious, creamy tart would be perfect for a light lunch or dinner. It would also be great dish to take on a picnic. It is very versatile as it can be served hot or cold, on its own or with salad and vegetables." - Sharree
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 20 minutes + chilling time
Cooking Time 1 hour
Can be frozen
- plain flour - 150g
- butter - 110g, cold, unsalted
- water - 50g
- salt - 2, pinches
- cheddar cheese - 150g, mature, in small pieces
- leeks - 3, in 3cm chunks, rinsed between the layers if necessary
- double cream - 300g
- eggs - 2
- pepper - pinch, black, ground
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the flour (150g), butter (80g only), water (50g) and salt (pinch only) in the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 15 seconds. Place on a piece of clingfilm and form into a disc. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry to a large circle that fits a 26cm tart dish. Line the tart dish with the pastry and prick the base with a fork.
- Line the tart with baking paper and fill with ceramic pie weights or dry beans. Bake blind in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove the beans and baking paper and bake for another 5 minutes until golden and baked. Set aside to cool.
- To make the filling, place the mature cheddar (150g) in the clean bowl. Blitz Speed 6 / 6 seconds. Pour in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place the leeks (3) and remaining butter (30g) in the bowl. Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the cream (300g), eggs (2), salt (pinch), pepper (pinch) and the reserved cheese and mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Pour in the pastry shell and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and set. Serve with salad.