LCHF Raw Lemon Cheesecake
This recipe and photo have been shared with us by Megan Ellam.
"Eating this, you would never know that it is very low carb and a healthy treat. So light, zesty and tangy, this cheesecake is just the bomb. A super easy recipe that can be enjoyed year round." - Megan
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Astonishingly light texture and beautiful fresh taste!" - Patricia
Contains: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes + chilling time
Cannot be frozen
- butter - 30g
- almond meal - 90g
- lemon - 1 tsp, zest, finely grated
- xylitol - 50g
- cream cheese - 500g
- cream - 140g, thickened
- lemon juice - 75g, fresh
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- egg - 1
- gelatine - 2 tsp
- water - 2 Tbsp, cold
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- If you need to make your own almond meal, add almonds (90g) to the bowl and grind Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the butter (30g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the almond meal (90g) and lemon zest (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Spoon the mixture into the base of a 20cm pie tin. Press down until firm.
- Add the xylitol (50g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Add the cream cheese (500g), cream (140g), lemon juice (75g), vanilla (1 tsp) and egg (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Sprinkle the gelatin (2 tsp) into some cold water (2 Tbsp) in a glass. Stir, then microwave for 15 seconds. Stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Turn the mixer on to Speed 3 / 30 seconds and pour the dissolved gelatin through the hole in the lid. After you finish, increase to Speed 5.
- Pour the mixture into the pie tin.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Serve with double cream and raspberries.
Note: For a "non-raw" option, bake the base in the oven at 180C for 10-12 minutes or until golden, before adding the filling mixture.