LCHF Bread Rolls
These tasty rolls have been shared with us by Thermo-Foodie and the Chef's LCHF book Getting Started. While traditional bread is a no-no in the LCHF way of eating, these bread rolls are a great alternative and work well in a LCHF packed lunch.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "An easy to cut and eat flat roll. Would make again." - Cindy
Contains: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- linseeds - 70g (see Note)
- sunflower kernels - 20g (see Note)
- almonds - 30g (see Note)
- psyllium husks - 2 Tbsp, powder (use 2.5 Tbsp if using husks)
- egg whites - 3, or 2 eggs
- baking powder - 2 tsp (*ensure GF if required)
- apple cider vinegar - 1 tsp
- salt - 2, pinch
- butter - 60g
- sour cream - 110g
- sesame seeds - for topping, optional
- poppy seeds - for topping, optional
- chia seeds - for topping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the linseeds (70g), sunflower kernels (20g), almonds (30g) and psyllium powder (2 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 9 / 20 seconds, measuring cap on. If using pre-ground LSA, skip this step.
- Add the egg whites (3), baking powder (2 tsp), vinegar (1 tsp), salt (2 pinches), butter (60g) and sour cream (110g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 5 / 30 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- With wet hands, shape the dough into 4 buns and place them onto the baking paper. Flatten slightly, cut shallow lines on top and sprinkle with seeds if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting rolls open.
Note: Alternatively, use 120g of LSA mix.