Lazy Caramel Slice
This is our completely decadent twist on traditional choc caramel slice. Once cooked it may not look pretty but it is delicious and you will have your friends asking for the recipe!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A quick throw together slice which never disappoints! The gluten free adaptation worked well." - Diana
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Serves 25 small squares
Can be frozen
- butter - 80g, cubed
- brown sugar - 60g
- desiccated coconut - 60g
- self raising flour - 90g (can replace with GF flour)
- chocolate chips - 80g, dark
- condensed milk - 200g, sweetened
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a square 20cm x 20cm tin with baking paper.
- Place butter (80g), brown sugar (60g), coconut (60g) and self-raising flour (90g) into the bowl. Combine Speed 7 / 45-60 seconds until a dough-like consistency is achieved.
- Press into the tin. Use the bottom of a glass to smooth out and compress the base. Make sure you have compressed it really well.
- Sprinkle choc chips (80g) over the top.
- Drizzle the condensed milk (200g) over the base. Rustic is fine. It doesn't have to cover the whole base.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a slight golden layer has formed.
Note: Consider making this a richer slice by substituting the sweetened condensed milk with the Caramel Condensed Milk.