Lavender & Almond Shortbread
Is it just us, or does adding lavender make something just a little bit more fabulous? We think these make such a delightful gift, and a little bit different from the norm. They have been shared from Tenina's Merry Christmix Too book.
"It’s official. I am addicted to these cookies. They are also very, very pretty and make a lovely present. They are super easy to make, and of course, if you don’t have freeze dried lavender, you could always try a smaller amount of fresh. Err on the side of caution. Less is more and all that." - Tenina
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These tasted nice. They would certainly make a lovely and special Christmas gift." - Christina
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 8 minutes
Makes 20-25 cookies
Can be frozen
- sugar - 90g
- almonds - 140g
- butter - 130g, unsalted
- plain flour - 130g, plus extra for dusting
- dried culinary lavender - 1 heaped tsp, or 1-3 drops lavender oil
- icing sugar - to dust
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Place sugar (90g) into bowl and mill Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Add almonds (140g), butter (130g), flour (130g) and lavender (1 heaped tsp) and blend Speed 9 / 8 seconds. The mixture will be lumpy.
- Place onto floured surface and form into 2-4 log shaped rolls. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Cut into slices, place on prepared trays and bake for 8 minutes or until just golden.
- Dust generously with icing sugar whilst still warm.
- Wrap in cellophane when cold and tie with a ribbon and a sprig of fresh lavender.