These yummy little cakes have been shared with us by Toni from Make it Perfect. Such a classic Australian sweet treat. They may be a little messy to make, but worth it!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I haven't made lamingtons in years! They were super tasty, easy to make and a real crowd pleaser." - Tina
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Makes 12 large or 24 small lamingtons
Can be frozen
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
- caster sugar - 170g
- self raising flour - 180g
- cornflour - 40g
- butter - 125g
- eggs - 3
- milk - 100g
- Chocolate icing:
- butter - 20g
- icing sugar - 310g, pure
- cocoa powder - 25g
- milk - 100g
- desiccated coconut - 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease / line slice tray.
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (170g) to the bowl now and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- To sugar (170g) add self raising flour (180g) and cornflour (40g) to the bowl. Sift Closed Lid / Turbo / 3 x 0.5 second blasts. Set aside.
- Add butter (125g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 2.
- Add whisk attachment to the bowl and then add eggs (3) and milk (100g). Program 3 minutes / Speed 4.
- Remove whisk attachment. Add flour / sugar mixture and program 1:30 minutes / Speed 4.
- Spread the mixture into the slice tray, pushing it into the corners. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and firm. Stand for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
- Prepare the chocolate icing. If you need to make your own icing sugar, add sugar (310g) to the bowl and grind Speed 10 / 20 seconds. Set aside.
- Weigh milk (100g) into a jug.
- Add butter (20g) to the bowl and program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 2.
- Add icing sugar ( 310g) and cocoa (25g) to the bowl and mix Speed 5 / 20 seconds.
- With the blades turning on Speed 4 add the milk (100g) through the hole in the lid.
- Program 1 minute / 80C / Speed 3, until icing is smooth and glossy.
- Gently cut the cake 5 times evenly across the length and 3 times across the width to make 24 lamingtons.
- Place coconut (2 cups) and chocolate icing into separate bowls. Using tongs or forks, dunk each square of cake into the icing to coat. Drain off any excess drips and place in the coconut, turn to coat.
- Place on wire cooling rack to set.