Lamingtons are a staple for many Australians, and as you know we love to put a twist on a recipe. We present to you our lamington cupcakes! A delicious soft vanilla cupcake topped with a chocolate glaze and finished with coconut. It doesn't get any more Aussie than that!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "An easy but delicious afternoon tea treat. Great to take to an event, as it makes a large amount." - Liz
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 18-20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- butter - 200g, diced
- sugar - 100g
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- eggs - 4
- milk - 250g
- self raising flour - 400g
- chocolate - 150g, dark
- coconut oil - 30g
- coconut - 100g, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Place paper cases into muffin tins. This will make 20 cupcakes.
- Place the diced butter (200g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 20 seconds or until softened. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Insert the whisk attachment. Program 1 minute / Speed 3.
- Remove the whisk attachment. Scrape off any butter back in to the bowl.
- Add sugar (100g) and vanilla extract (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 15 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 5 / 15 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the eggs (4) through the lid one at a time, mixing for Speed 3 / 20 seconds between each one.
- Add half of the milk (125g only) and half of the self raising flour (200g only) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the remaining milk (125g) and self raising flour (200g). Program 1 minute / Speed 4.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes, until golden and cooked though. Avoid overcooking, as they can dry out.
- Allow to completely cool before the next step.
- Place the dark chocolate (150g) and coconut oil (30g) into the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 60C / Speed 2. Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Dip each cupcake top in the chocolate mix and coat in shredded coconut (100g).
- Allow the cupcakes to firm and cool.