Lamb & Mint Meatballs with Yoghurt Dipping Sauce
These are delicious served cold in our Spinach Wraps, or you could pair them with the Quinoa, Bean & Corn Salad.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A quick and easy recipe to follow and the yoghurt dipping sauce goes so well! I will definitely make this again and next time will sneak some extra veggies in too!" - Rach
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Meatballs can be frozen
- lamb mince - 400g
- fresh mint - 8, leaves, ripped up roughly
- dried onion flakes - 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder - 1 tsp, dried
- chilli flakes - pinch
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Optional sauce:
- yoghurt - 100g, natural (*can use soy yoghurt, or omit sauce for DF)
- fresh dill - 1 tsp, chopped
- lemon - 1 tsp, zest
- salt - pinch
- Place lamb mince (400g), mint leaves (8), onion flakes (1 Tbsp), garlic powder (1 tsp), chilli flakes (pinch) and salt and pepper into bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl with a spatula. Roll into 30 small balls.
- Fry small batches of meatballs with a drizzle of oil in a frying pan over medium heat for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Alternatively, you can bake these in an oven at 180C for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt (100g), dill (1 tsp), lemon zest (1 tsp) and salt (pinch) into a small dish.
- Serve meatballs with sauce.