Lamb Meatballs with Fig Sauce
Looking for a flavour combination to knock your socks off? Emily Coupar from Paleo Thermie has shared these yummy lamb meatballs with us, which are paired beautifully with a fig sauce (which, by the way, is so very easy to make). Great for a quick midweek meal, and so yummy for leftover lunches!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The meatballs are so full of flavour and the fig sauce complements the lamb so well. This dish is perfect if you want to try something a little different." - Shannah
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- lamb mince - 500g
- cumin - 1 tsp, ground
- dried coriander - 1 tsp, ground
- cinnamon - 1/4 tsp, ground
- onion powder - 1 tsp
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- water - 500g
- water - 150g
- apple cider vinegar - 25g
- figs - 4, dried
- fresh rosemary - 1 small sprig, leaves only
- Place mince (500g), cumin (1 tsp), coriander (1 tsp), cinnamon (1/4 tsp) and onion powder (1 tsp) in mixer bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix on Speed 5 until combined. Transfer mixture onto a plate.
- Get two pieces of baking paper. Scrunch them under water. Smooth out and place into both the steaming attachment lower dish and the upper tray.
- Remove from bowl and roll into golf ball size balls. Place onto baking paper.
- Add water (500g only) to mixer bowl and set steaming attachment in place. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, until cooked through. Set aside in an insulated server.
- Place water (150g), apple cider vinegar (25g), figs (4) and rosemary leaves (from 1 small sprig) in mixer bowl. Program 6 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1.
- Blend the sauce Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Pour over meatballs and serve with zucchini noodles, or your choice of vegetables.