Lamb Goulash with Steamed Potatoes
Goulash is traditionally made with beef and makes a superb dinner on a cold day. This lamb goulash adds a different flavour to the meal and makes it even more wholesome and delicious. Served with steamed potatoes, it is a perfect all-in-one meal for the whole family.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Simple, flavoursome stew. It was a nice change to make this with lamb, and the family loved the sauce. Steam extra veggies to bulk it up more." - Kylie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 50 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- lamb shoulder - 500g, diced
- tomato paste - 30g
- salt - 1 tsp
- cumin - 1 tsp
- pepper - pinch, ground black
- paprika - 1 tsp
- bay leaves - 2
- dried thyme - 1/2 tsp
- water - 400g
- potatoes - 500g, washed and quartered
- Place the onion (1) and garlic clove (1) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g). Program 3 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the lamb (500g). Program 5 minutes / 120C* / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add the tomato paste (30g), tomatoes (3), salt (1 tsp), cumin (1 tsp), pepper (pinch), paprika (1 tsp), bay leaves (2), thyme (1/2 tsp) and water (400g) to the bowl.
- Place the potatoes (500g) in the lower dish of the steaming attachment and set in place. Program 45 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Serve immediately with the potatoes.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.