Love your lamb? These lamb burgers have been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra from her book Quick Fix: Every Occasion, and they are easy to make, and easy to eat! They will soon become a family favourite, and a perfect midweek meal... especially in summer! For a low carb option, simply serve these with a delicious green salad. The perfect addition to any Aussie BBQ.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "We really enjoyed eating these (even fussy Miss 6 who doesn't like burgers!) You could taste so many different flavours in the burger. We will definitely make them again." - Anita
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Makes 8 burgers
Can be frozen pre or post cooking
- bread - 3 slices, wholemeal, frozen and halved (*use GF bread or 60g of rice crumbs for a GF option)
- lemon - 1/2, rind only
- fresh parsley - handful, flat-leaf
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- spring onion - 1, peeled
- lamb fillet - 750g, roughly chopped into small pieces
- mustard - 20g, Dijon
- dried oregano - 1 tsp
- eggs - 2
- salt - to taste
- oil - for frying
- bread - 8, rolls
- toppings - to accompany the burger such as cheese, beetroot etc.
- Place bread (3), lemon rind (1/2) and parsley (handful) into bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 15 seconds. Set aside.
- Place garlic (3) and spring onion (1) into bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Add lamb (750g) and mince for Speed 9 / 15 seconds. If you find that your mixer labours, consider removing half the meat and mincing in two batches.
- Add in breadcrumb mixture, mustard (20g), oregano (1 tsp), eggs (2) and salt to taste. Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 30 seconds or until well combined.
- Transfer burger mixture into a mixing bowl with a spatula.
- Using wet hands, form mixture into eight 2cm thick burger patties.
- Fire up the BBQ or preheat frying pan over medium heat and brush with oil. Once hot, add patties and cook for 5 minutes each side, or until browned or cooked through.
- Serve patties as burgers on a fresh bread roll with cheese, tomato, lettuce and tomato sauce.