Lamb Burgers with Yoghurt Dressing
Considering the simplicity of these flavours, you won't believe how delicious they are! They have been shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. Make up the burger patties in no time flat, crank up the BBQ and you will be ready to bring the good ole burger to a whole new level.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Tasty! Lamb with this yoghurt dressing is a winning combo. The lamb mince ensured the burgers were kept juicy while cooking. 'These burgers are epic!', my six year old said!" - Christina
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 12 minutes
Cooking Time 10-20 minutes
Makes 10 patties
Burger patties can be frozen
- yoghurt - 300g, Greek
- cucumber - 1, Lebanese, deseeded and diced
- lemon - 1, juice only
- fresh mint - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- salt flakes - pink, to taste
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- fresh rosemary - 2 sprigs, leaves only
- onion - 1/2, red, peeled
- salt flakes - 3 tsp, pink
- eggs - 2, yolks only
- bread - 2 slices, torn into pieces (*can use GF)
- lamb mince - 500g
- pepper - cracked black, to taste
- bread - 1, Turkish bun, one per burger, toasted (*can use GF; make your own with the Multiseed Bread Rolls from The Freezer Issue, Bread Rolls from The On the Road Issue or LCHF Bread Rolls (GF) from The Packed Lunch Issue)
- capsicum - roasted strips
- lemon - wedges,
- feta cheese - 250g, crumbled
- Add the yoghurt (300g), cucumber (1), lemon juice (from 1 lemon), mint (2 Tbsp) and salt to a small bowl. Stir to combine. This can be made well in advance to allow the flavours to develop.
- Add the garlic cloves (2), rosemary leaves (from 2 sprigs) and onion (1/2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the salt (3 tsp), egg yolks (2), bread (2 slices), lamb (500g) and pepper to the bowl. Blend Reverse+Speed 8 / 8 seconds.
- Using wet hands, shape the mixture into 10 burgers.
- Preheat a grill pan or BBQ plate with a little oil in it. Cook each burger on both sides to your desired level of doneness.
- Place a patty on your choice of bun with capsicum strips, lemon wedges and feta cheese (250g total), drizzled with the yoghurt dressing.
- Serve hot!