Korean Rice Bowl
This divine looking recipe has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra (alycealexandra.com). This is a meal you can have on the table in less than 20 minutes! The entire meal is steamed in the steaming attachment, making clean up a breeze too! We LOVE saving time in the kitchen on cooking AND cleaning!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “It was sooo yummy! Everyone loved the flavour, especially the meat! So tender and delicious. This is going to be on the weekly rotation for a long time!" - Lauren
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- ginger - 3cm piece, peeled
- chilli - 1, long, red, halved, optional
- sesame oil - 30g, toasted
- rump steak - 400g, beef, thinly sliced
- soy sauce - 80g, dark (*ensure GF if required)
- water - 800g, boiling
- white rice - 300g, medium grain
- carrot - 2, cut into matchsticks
- snow peas - 200g, ends trimmed
- capsicum - 1, red, thinly sliced
- kimchi - to serve* (*ensure GF if required)
- sesame seeds - to serve
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (3), peeled ginger (3cm piece) and halved chilli (1, if using) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the toasted sesame oil (30g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the sliced beef (400g) and dark soy sauce (80g) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Without cleaning the bowl, add boiling water (800g) to the bowl. Place the white rice (300g) in the internal steaming basket and rinse it under running water. Set the basket in place.
- Set the steaming attachment upper tray in place and add the prepared marinated beef – some of the marinade will drip down onto the rice. Program 6 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Add the chopped carrots (2), trimmed snow peas (200g) and sliced capsicum (1) to the steaming attachment upper tray and combine it with the beef using tongs. Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Check that the rice, beef and vegetables are cooked. If not, program a further 2-3 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- To serve, divide the rice, beef and vegetables between 4 bowls. Top with kimchi and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Make your own!
*Make your own kimchi with the Kimchi recipe from The Celebrations Issue.