- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: Serves more than 10
Kinda Healthy Choc Chip Cookies
This is another great recipe shared with us by Shanai from Kids Eat by Shanai (kidseatbyshanai.com). You will love these cookies for how easy they are to whip up, and your kiddies will love them for how scrumptious they are! This is a perfect recipe to whip up as guests are on their way over.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “My kids thought these were delicious. A great recipe to keep the biscuit barrel stocked!" - Terri
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Makes 20 cookies
Can be frozen
- coconut oil - 120g, melted
- brown sugar - 85g
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- egg - 1
- plain flour - 160g
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- oats - 95g, rolled
- chocolate chips - 110g (can use white, milk or dark chocolate; *ensure DF if required)
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the melted coconut oil (120g), brown sugar (85g) and vanilla extract (1 tsp) into the bowl. Whisk Speed 6 / 20 seconds.
- Add the egg (1) to the bowl. Whisk Speed 3 / 20 seconds.
- Sift the plain flour (160g) and baking powder (1/2 tsp) into the bowl. Combine Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the rolled oats (95g) and half the choc chips (55g only) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 10 seconds.
- Spoon teaspoon-sized balls of dough onto the prepared tray, about 5cm apart.
- Flatten slightly and top with remaining choc chips (55g).
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden. Allow to cool on tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or pantry for up to 5 days, or keep in freezer for a ready to grab snack.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites