Kale Lime Coconut Smoothie
This green smoothie has been shared with us by Gabrielle Tobin from Kitch’n Thyme. She believes it will be one of the best green smoothies you will ever drink! She thinks the key to a great green smoothie is the combo of citrus, mint and parsley. These flavours disguise the strong flavour of spinach or kale and make it much more palatable. Avocado is added for creaminess, and ice is also really important! The colder the smoothie, the nicer it will be.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Creamy and fresh. The lime, mint and coconut flavours shone through. A refreshing way to start your morning." - Cindy
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Can be frozen
- banana - 150g, frozen
- apple - 1, green, cored and quartered (or kiwi or pear)
- avocado - 1/2
- lime - 1, flesh from whole and zest from 1/2
- ice cubes - 100g
- coconut water - 250g
- coconut cream - 150g, or milk
- fresh mint - 4 sprigs, leaves only
- fresh parsley - 4 sprigs, Italian, leaves only
- kale - 1/2-3/4 bunch, deveined
- maple syrup - 20g, optional
- Add the bananas (150g), apple (1), avocado (1/2), lime zest (from 1/2 lime), lime flesh (from 1 lime), ice (100g), coconut water (250g), coconut cream (150g), mint leaves (from 4 sprigs), parsley leaves (from 4 sprigs), kale leaves (1/2-3/4 bunch) and maple syrup (20g) to the bowl. Blend 1 minute / Speed 9.
- Pour into a glass and serve immediately.