Kale Feta Lemon Tart
Fresh kale, salty feta and the zing of lemon. A flavour match made in heaven for this tart, shared with us by Monica Falconer from Mixing with Monica. We think it's one of the most delicious ways to enjoy kale!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A delicious quiche with a beautiful, tart lemon flavour." - Heidi
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Can be frozen
- butter - 75g
- plain flour - 150g
- water - 50g, cold
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- lemon - 1/2, zest only
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- onion - 120g, red, peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- lemons - 1.5, zest only
- fresh parsley - 8 sprigs, leaves only
- fresh mint - 10 leaves
- apple - 1, green, cored and quartered
- lemon juice - 10g
- eggs - 4
- cream - 100g
- pepper - pinch, black
- feta cheese - 100g, crumbled
- kale - 80g, shredded
- capsicum - 12 strips, roasted (homemade or store-bought jar)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
1. Add the butter (75g), plain flour (150g), water (50g), salt (1/2 tsp), lemon zest (from 1/2 lemon only) to the bowl. Blend Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
2. Tip out the dough onto a floured surface and roll it into a ball.
3. Roll out the dough to fit your tart dish. Drape the dough over the dish.
4. Place baking paper over the dough, then add ceramic pie weights or dry beans on top of the paper to hold it down.
5. Blind bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool. You can move on to creating the filling if you wish.
1. Reduce the heat of the oven to 180C.
2. Add the garlic cloves (2) and red onion (120g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 3 seconds.
3. Add the oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cup on. Allow to cool slightly.
4. Add the lemon zest (from 1.5 lemons), parsley leaves (from 8 sprigs), mint leaves (10), apple (1) and lemon juice (10g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 3 seconds.
5. Add the eggs (4), cream (100g), pepper (pinch) and feta (100g) to the bowl. Mix
Speed 3 / 15 seconds.
6. Add the kale (80g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 15 seconds.
7. Pour the filling into the cooled base. Press down firmly and place roasted capsicum (12 strips) on top.
8. Bake for 45 minutes.