Kale Coated Roast Beetroot & Potatoes
The exciting news for my family is that in the process of creating The Festive Issue we have created a new recipe that we really love, and this is it. The flavours and textures are really great. Sweet bits (the beetroot), salty bits, crunchy bits… YUM! This will definitely become a regular for us! - Bec
Recipe Tester Feedback: "OMG, soooooo good!!!! Definitely will become a regular in our house. Tasted amazing, sweet & salty deliciousness. Perfect for Christmas dinner or even a Sunday roast.... It's gotta be good for you too with kale & beetroot! This was requested again the next night!" - Suzanne
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Serves 4-6 as a side
Cannot be frozen
- garlic cloves - 2
- kale - 70g, without stems
- dried thyme - 1/2, tsp
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- butter - 50g, or your oil of choice, we used duck fat
- potatoes - 800g, large, the longer the better (*see notes)
- beetroot - 200g
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Add garlic (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds.
- Rip the kale leaves away from the stem and add kale (70g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add thyme (1/2 tsp), salt (1 tsp) and oil (50g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- While that is cooking, slice your potatoes into long plank-like chips, and then in half, so that they are roughly 6cm long. Chop the beetroot in a similar fashion.
- Once the cooking is finished, add your veggies to the bowl and combine Reverse+Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Pour the coated veggies out onto the prepared baking trays and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes stir the veggies around and return to the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Serve straight away whilst nice and hot.
Note: If you are cooking for a crowd, simply do a double (or triple!) batch of the kale, and stir it through the potatoes / beetroot by hand. You may need some more baking trays.