Kale and Spinach Pesto Dip
This yummy kale and spinach pesto is super easy to make! It has been shared with us by Tracey Rubery from The Easy Healthy Way. It is really a great way to use up any greens hiding in your veggie crisper, and it's a great addition to just about any meal. You can even just have it as a snack. Here are some ideas: add it to eggs, have it as a dip with carrot and celery sticks, blitz it through soup, add to a casserole, have it on pizza or add it to a sandwich. The options are endless!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This recipe is packed with Vitamin B from the nutritional yeast and green goodness from the kale and spinach. Be as generous as you like with it over a warm bowl of pasta, or have it as a nutritious dip with some crudités." - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Can be frozen
- cashew nuts - 1 cup, soaked in water for a few hours (*use sunflower kernels or pepitas for NF)
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- spinach - 60g
- kale - 1 bunch, deveined and roughly chopped, approx. 80g prepared weight
- olive oil - 100g
- nutritional yeast flakes - 25g (*or 80g Parmesan cheese)
- apple cider vinegar - 60g
- sea salt - 1/2-1 tsp
- If you are using Parmesan cheese (80g) instead of nutritional yeast flakes, grate before completing Step 2. Grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Add the drained cashews (from 1 cup), garlic cloves (2), spinach (60g), deveined kale (80g), olive oil (100g), yeast flakes (25g, if using), vinegar (60g) and salt (1/2-1 tsp) to the bowl. Pulse Turbo / Closed Lid / 3-4 x 1 second blasts, or until you get desired chunkiness. You may need to use your spatula to help achieve even processing.