Kale and Alfalfa Slaw
This crunchy salad makes a delicious addition to the Thai Chicken Meatballs, but it's equally yummy on its own! Full of healthy greens to keep you going.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a very quick and easy salad to make, and it tasted lovely. Use it as a base for more salad ingredients or serve as a side salad. We served with the Thai Chicken Meatballs." - Sally
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Avocado dressing:
- avocados - 2, large, peeled and seeds removed
- lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- olive oil - 1 Tbsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp (or 1 tsp coconut aminos)
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black, ground
- Kale and alfalfa slaw:
- spring onions - 4, roughly chopped
- fresh coriander - 10, leaves
- kale - 1 bunch, deveined and roughly chopped
- alfalfa sprouts - handful, to taste
- Place the avocados (2), lemon juice (2 Tbsp), oil (1 Tbsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2) into the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
Kale and alfalfa slaw:
- Without cleaning the bowl, place spring onions (4) and coriander leaves (10) into the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the kale (1 bunch) and alfalfa sprouts (handful) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 2-3 seconds, or until chopped to your liking.
- Store in the refrigerator or serve immediately.