Juicy Cherry Sponge Cake
This mouth-watering cherry sponge cake has been shared with us by Sophia, the Thermomix Baking Blogger. This cherry cake is super quick and wonderfully juicy and fluffy. Try it if you are short for time but crave something delicious.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Really nice, very quick to make and super tasty. The cherries were like little bursts of flavour in your mouth!" - Sue
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 3 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Can be frozen
- yoghurt - 250g, Greek style
- caster sugar - 250g
- eggs - 4
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp, extract
- plain flour - 500g
- grapeseed oil - 125ml
- baking powder - 1 Tbsp
- sour cherries - 2 x 680g tins, in natural juice
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking tin with baking paper.
- Place yoghurt (250g), caster sugar (250g), eggs (4), vanilla extract (1/2 tsp), plain flour (500g), grape seed oil (125ml) and baking powder (1 Tbsp) into bowl.
- Combine 1 minute / Speed 4 or until you have a smooth batter.
- Place batter into prepared tin.
- Drain cherries and scatter over the top of the cake.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes, using a wooden skewer to test whether it is cooked all the way through.
- Remove from oven, place on a cooling rack and leave to cool down before serving.