Joe’s Jerk Chicken Wings in the Thermomix
Joe has taken the Jamaican Jerk Chicken spice and given it a Thermomix makeover with these delicious Jerk Chicken Wings in the Thermomix.
They were featured in Episode 72 of the podcast – Thermomix Chicken Wings.
They aren’t as spicy as the original Jamaican Jerk Chicken Wings – but we think they have the perfect amount of spice! Not so hot that you can’t eat them, but not bland by any stretch of the imagination!
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5-7 hours
- dried fennel - 1 teaspoon, seeds
- allspice - 1 teaspoon, ground
- dried thyme - 1 teaspoon
- ginger - 1/2 teaspoon, ground
- chilli - 1
- garlic cloves - 2
- onion - 1, large
- olive oil - 20g
- coconut aminos - 2 tablespoons
- honey - 2 tablespoons
- apple cider vinegar - 2 tablespoons
- lime juice - 2 tablespoons
- chicken wings - 1kg, cut at the joints, wing tips discarded
- Add Fennel Seeds (1 tsp), Ground Allspice (1 tsp), Dried Thyme (1 tsp) and Ground Ginger (1/2 tsp) to bowl.
- Grind Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Add chilli, garlic and onion to bowl.
- Chop Speed 7 / 5 Seconds.
- Add oil (20g), soy (2 Tbsp), honey (2 Tbsp), apple cider vinegar (2 Tbsp) and lime juice (2 Tbsp) to the bowl.
- Chop Speed 4 / 5 Seconds.
- Break chicken wings into three parts, discard the wing tips, place into a mixing bowl, container or large ziplock bag.
- Pour marinade over wings and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Fill bowl with 800g of water.
- Place all the wings into the Varoma.
- Program 30 minutes / Varoma / Speed 2.
- Once Varoma is finished either shallow fry wings for 2 minutes each side, air fry on 200 deg for 10 minutes or bake on 220 deg for 10 minutes or until crispy.