- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
This recipe was my Gram’s – a jiffy cake, because it only took a jiffy to make. I bet she wouldn’t believe just how quick that jiffy would be when it was converted to a thermo mixer recipe for readers of The 4 Blades Magazine in 2016, around 40 years after it was published in the local primary school cookbook! By sprinkling some chopped chocolate on top, you don’t need to worry about icing it. It’s ready to go out of the oven. It also features all budget friendly ingredients that you would likely have on hand at home. - Bec
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Makes 1 cake
Can be frozen
- self raising flour - 240g
- sugar - 200g
- milk - 110g
- butter - 100g
- egg - 1
- vanilla - 1 tsp
- salt - pinch
- chocolate - 1/2 cup, pieces, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line cake tin with baking paper.
- Add flour (240g), sugar (200g), milk (110g), butter (100g), egg (1), vanilla (1 tsp) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Blend Speed 5 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Blend again Speed 5 / 30 seconds. Pour into prepared cake tin.
- Sprinkle chocolate (1/2 cup) over the top of the cake.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until golden on top and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin. Serve warm or cool.