Jerk Spice Blend
A delicious blend to rub over meat before grilling! Such a delicious flavour without the expense of store-bought blends.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A flavoursome spice mix that is versatile and enhances what you eat! I tasted it on eggs and lamb chops, and it added a beautiful flavour." - Heidi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 2 minutes
Makes approx. 1 cup
Cannot be frozen
- garlic granules - 2 Tbsp
- sugar - 1 Tbsp
- peppercorns - 1 Tbsp, black
- salt - 1 Tbsp, rock
- allspice - 3 Tbsp
- cinnamon - 1 Tbsp, ground
- nutmeg - 1 Tbsp, ground
- dried thyme - 2 Tbsp
- cloves - 1 tsp, ground
- cayenne pepper - 1/2 tsp, or more for a spicier blend
- Add the dried garlic granules (2 Tbsp), sugar (1 Tbsp), peppercorns (1 Tbsp) and rock salt (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Add the allspice (3 Tbsp), ground cinnamon (1 Tbsp), ground nutmeg (1 Tbsp), dried thyme (2 Tbsp), ground cloves (1 tsp) and cayenne pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 4 seconds.
- Pour into small containers, tie with string and attach a label.