Jerk Chicken Marylands
The flavour of this chicken marinade is perfectly balanced between sweet and savoury. Not too much chilli, but just enough! These are gorgeous when done on the BBQ and nicely browned all over. If you prefer, you can substitute the chicken Marylands for 8 smaller chicken thigh cutlets. Simply reduce the cooking time if you do this.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This recipe was so easy to make, and I loved how it could be prepared well in advance for a quick meal." - Kerry
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 4-6 hours marinating time
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen before or after cooking
You will need:
large mixing bowl
- chicken Maryland portions - 4, skin scored lightly
- lime - wedges, to serve
- Jerk seasoning:
- dried fennel - 1 tsp, seeds
- allspice - 1 tsp, ground
- dried thyme - 1 tsp
- ginger - 1/2 tsp, ground
- chilli - 1
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- onion - 1, large, peeled and quartered
- olive oil - 20g
- soy sauce - 40g, or coconut aminos (*use coconut aminos to ensure GF)
- honey - 50g
- apple cider vinegar - 40g
- lime juice - 40g
- chicken thigh - 8, cutlets, to replace the chicken Marylands
- Add the fennel seeds (1 tsp), ground allspice (1 tsp), dried thyme (1 tsp) and ground ginger (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Grind Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Add the chilli (1), peeled garlic cloves (2) and peeled and quartered onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the olive oil (20g), soy sauce (40g), honey (50g), apple cider vinegar (40g) and lime juice (40g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Place the scored chicken Marylands (4) into a large mixing bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken pieces. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Fire up the BBQ to a medium to high heat.
- Place the chicken over the grill section. Cook for 10-12 minutes on each side or until cooked through. You may wish to turn the chicken pieces a few times while they cook.
- Serve with lime wedges.