I just love these biscuits! A childhood favourite! Nothing beats the buttery, almost shortbread-like biscuit combined with the delicious jam filling. - Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "If you have guests on their way and need a "go to" recipe, this is it! Especially if you're like me and have a jar of Rose Petal Jam from The Easter Issue in your fridge! This is such an easy recipe to follow, made with pantry staples and totally fool proof. Just keep your eye on the oven as they need very little time in there... hopefully it's enough time to spruce up the house before said guests arrive!" - Claire
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- butter - 250g cubed
- vanilla bean paste - 2 tsp, (or extract)
- sugar - 100g
- plain flour - 360g
- jam of choice - 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 180C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place butter (250g) into bowl. Blitz on Speed 4 / 30 seconds or until it starts to soften. You may need to scrape the sides down a few times during this process.
- Add vanilla (2 tsp) and sugar (100g). Mix on 1 minute / Speed 4.
- Add flour (360g) and mix on Speed 4 until a soft dough forms.
- Roll into 24 small balls. Place onto prepared trays evenly spaced apart.
- Using your thumb or the end of a wooden spoon, make an indent in the biscuit.
- Place jam into a piping bag and pipe into hole. You can just spoon it in if preferred.