These delicious donuts were shared with us by Sophia from Thermomix Baking Blogger. Make these jam donuts at home and surprise your crowd with something special. So simple to make and absolutely irresistible. We have it on good authority that these freeze and reheat well after a quick blast in the microwave... the sweet that just keeps giving! If you are looking for a gluten free option, try the Warm Gluten Free Cinnamon Donuts from The Desserts Issue.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Such an awesomely yummy recipe that was a real family hit here and will be made again for sure!" - Tracey
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 1 hour 30 minutes, including rising time
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Can be frozen
- milk - 220g
- sugar - 80g
- yeast - 1 Tbsp, dry active
- butter - 80g
- plain flour - 500g, plus extra for dusting
- egg - 1
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- Decoration and filling:
- caster sugar - 100g
- raspberry jam - 150g, or any other jam you like
- vegetable oil - 1L, for frying
- Place milk (220g), sugar (80g) and yeast (1 Tbsp) to the mixer bowl. Program 2 minutes / 37C / Speed 2.
- Add butter (80g) in small chunks, flour (500g), egg (1) and salt (1/2 tsp) (in this order) and knead until smooth. Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Cover the dough and leave to rise for 1-2 hours until doubled in size. Once risen, take the dough out of the bowl and place it onto a floured surface. If you need to use your mixer for something else in the meantime, simply transfer the dough to a lightly oiled mixing bowl and cover with a clean tea towel.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and dust the surface with flour.
- Divide the dough into equal pieces, weighing 40g. Form balls as smooth as possible and place them on the prepared tray. Cover with a tea towel and leave to rise for another hour.
- Place the caster sugar (100g) on a large plate. If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (100g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- Put the jam (150g) in a piping bag fitted with a long nozzle or a syringe.
- Meanwhile, fill a deep fat fryer or large saucepan with oil (1L) and heat to 175-180C.
- Take 2 doughnuts at the same time and place them with the top side down in the fryer. Cook for 2 minutes on each side, then remove with a slotted spoon and immediately coat in the sugar. Take care to avoid splashes from the hot oil.
- Fill them with jam as desired.
- Repeat with the rest until you are done. Enjoy your jam donuts warm!