Jalapeño Cheese Pull Apart Bread
This scrumptious-looking pull apart bread has been shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. It is so divine and moreish that you will no doubt want to make it for many an occasion. Add a salad and some sliced cold meats of choice for a perfect summer treat!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This dough is soft and easy to work with. It creates a light and tasty pull apart bread that would be great on its own, with soup or shared on an antipasto platter." - Gail
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 20 minutes preparation + 1-2 hours proving time
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Can be frozen
- Parmesan cheese - 75g, cubed
- provolone cheese - 75g, cubed
- yeast - 30g, fresh, or 2 tsp dried yeast
- water - 300g
- sugar - 1 tsp
- olive oil - 20g, plus extra for greasing
- bakers flour - 500g, plus extra for dusting
- salt - pinch
- jalapeños - pickled, or capsicum, to taste
- Line the sides of a rectangle tin (30 x 40cm) with baking paper.
- Add the cubed Parmesan cheese (75g) and cubed provolone cheese (75g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 10 / 8 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add the yeast (30g), water (300g), sugar (1 tsp) and olive oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 37C / Speed 2.
- Add the bakers flour (500g) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Blend Speed 6 / 6 seconds.
- Program 3 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function. Allow the dough to sit for 10 minutes.
- Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Tip the dough out onto a floured silicone mat and knead into a ball. Cover and allow to rise for around 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Roll the dough out into a 30 x 40cm rectangle.
- Sprinkle with the cheese mixture, reserving a little for the top of the bread.
- Cut into 2-3cm long strips, creating 9 strips total.
- Roll up each strip and place it on its end into the greased pan, arranging each roll so that it is touching another.
- Top with the remaining cheese and a few jalapeños (or capsicums) – the more you use, the hotter it will be.
- Allow the dough to prove in a warm place for at least an hour, until well risen.
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Once the oven has reached temperature place the bread into the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bread is golden and hollow-sounding when tapped in the centre.
- Allow to cool before packing for travel.