Is there anything better than the zingy freshness of orange? Only when it's paired with the subtlety of cocoa butter. To really wake up and revive tired skin, give this Jaffa-licious Scrub a try! It has been shared with us by Bee from Tick of Yum, out of her Scents and Centsability book.
Total Preparation Time 3 minutes
Makes 2 small gift jars
- orange - 1, large (or 2 lemons or limes), zest only
- salt - 250g
- cocoa butter - 40g
- sweet almond oil - 90g (or another carrier oil)
- food grade wild orange essential oil - 5 drops, optional
- Check out the notes on making your own beauty products.
- Place the zest (1) and the salt (250g) into the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 30 seconds.
- Add the cocoa butter (40g) and the almond oil (90g), and mix on Speed 5 / 30-60 seconds, until all combined.
- Test the mixture - if the orange smell is not as strong as you like, add the essential oil (5 drops).
- If you added some essential oil, mix for another Speed 5 / 20 seconds.
- Unless you live in a tropical area, the cocoa butter base is best if used on wet, warm skin so it allows the butter to melt into the skin. This is because the cocoa butter is a firmer base than just using oils.
- Other suggestions for essential oils that work well with cocoa butter are mint, cherry, strawberry, coffee and vanilla.