Jacket Potatoes with Cheesy Topping
We just love baked potatoes. They are so easy to whip up and you can really vary the toppings to suit everyone. This is one of our favourites. If you have excess topping left over, serve as a dip with some crackers and veggie sticks. - Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Potatoes were baked to perfection, and the topping is amazing and delicious. Much better than butter and sour cream by themselves! This topping is worth trying out – it makes plenty and the leftovers are equally amazing as a dip so it is a versatile recipe for camping." - Kylie
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 1 hour 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- potato - 6, large, skin on
- Parmesan cheese - grated, to garnish
- fresh chives - chopped, to garnish
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- oil - 1 Tbsp
- cream cheese - 250g
- sour cream - 100g
- Parmesan cheese - 100g, grated
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked
- Cut potatoes (6) in quarters, ensuring not to cut the whole way through.
- Wrap each potato in aluminium foil.
- Place potatoes into the camp oven or on the BBQ. Cook for 1-1.5 hours until soft.
- Prepare topping 20 minutes before serving.
- If you need to grate your own cheese, add Parmesan cheese (110g) and grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the onion (1) and garlic clove (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add oil (1 Tbsp). Program 6 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add the cream cheese (250g), sour cream (100g), Parmesan cheese (100g) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Serve topping over potatoes and garnish with a sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese and chives.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.