A must in every spice rack. This is a blend you can use in almost any dish, from meatballs to spaghetti Bolognese to meatloaf to pasta sauces. We love it sprinkled over tomato paste before topping a delicious pizza! We love the little kick of Italian flavours this blend gives.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A great mix of herbs and spices to enhance any Italian dish or to be used as a seasoning over vegetables." - Annette
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 3 minutes
Makes 1/3 cup
Can be multiplied several times. Fill the bowl only to halfway for best results.
Can be frozen
You will need:
- dried parsley - 2 Tbsp
- dried basil - 2 Tbsp
- dried oregano - 2 Tbsp, or dried marjoram
- dried thyme - 1 Tbsp
- dried rosemary - 1 Tbsp
- dried onion flakes - 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder - 2 tsp
- peppercorns - 1 tsp, black, whole
- chilli flakes - 1 tsp, mild
- Add the dried parsley (2 Tbsp), dried basil (2 Tbsp), dried oregano (2 Tbsp), dried thyme (1 Tbsp), dried rosemary (1 Tbsp), dried onion flakes (1 Tbsp), garlic powder (2 tsp), whole black peppercorns (1 tsp) and mild chilli flakes (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 10.
- Place into an airtight jar and store for up to 6 months.
Note: Do not freeze this spice blend if it will be used regularly, as the continuous opening of the container can lead to loss of flavour, freezer burn and condensation buildup. Freeze until needed, then store in an airtight jar to use regularly if desired.