Italian Bean Salad
This budget friendly Italian bean salad is the perfect addition to a light meal. In fact, it could be a light meal on it's own, just as it is! Using your thermo mixer makes it so easy to disperse the delicious fresh flavours across the beans. Stock up on tins of beans when they are selling for less than a dollar per tin to make this a very budget-friendly dish, or to bulk up other dishes inexpensively.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This recipe is a super speedy and budget friendly one to have under your belt, both very important ticks in my books. You can have it ready in less than 10 minutes! Definitely one I will whip out again." - Claire K.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- borlotti beans - 400g tin
- red kidney beans - 400g tin
- broad beans - 400g tin
- onion - 1, red, peeled and halved
- chillies - 1-2, red, to your preferred level of heat
- fresh parsley - large handful, Italian
- olive oil - 25g
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- salt flakes - 1.5 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black ground
- Add each tin of beans to the internal steaming basket, drain and rinse well.Set aside.
- Place the onion (1), chilli (1-2) and parsley (large handful) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the drained beans, oil (25g), lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon), salt (1.5 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 1.5 / 20 seconds.
- Tip into a large salad bowl and serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until needed. Feel free to squeeze the juice from the remaining half of the lemon over the salad for a bit of extra zing, and season with salt and pepper to taste.