Italian Baked Turkey Meatballs
Yum! Whether a snack for the lunchbox or a standalone dinner, these are a delicious addition to the weekly meal plan. We love that these freeze well! You can pop them into a lunchbox frozen and have them ready for snack time a few hours later. If you don't like turkey simply substitute with chicken.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A tasty meatball made in minutes that could be used in lots of ways – dinner, lunch or nibbles." - Judy
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 20 meatballs
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- turkey mince - 500g
- tomato paste - 50g
- Parmesan cheese - 100g, grated
- dried oregano - 1 tsp
- dried basil - 1 tsp
- dried parsley - 1 tsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- egg - 1
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- If you need to grate your cheese, add the Parmesan cheese (100g) to the bowl and grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 2 seconds.
- Add mince (500g), tomato paste (50g), grated Parmesan cheese (100g), oregano (1 tsp), basil (1 tsp), parsley (1 tsp), salt (1 tsp), pepper (1/2 tsp) and egg (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 10 seconds, or until combined.
- Transfer mince from bowl with your spatula onto a plate.
- Roll 20 balls from the mixture.
- Place onto baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool completely before putting into the lunchbox.