Instant Bircher Muesli
This is a quick bircher muesli recipe that we think the whole family will love! Shared with us by Vicki Newton from Thermomix Diva Recipes, it is a great recipe to have on hand for any day of the week. Multiply this as much as you need to, as long as you do not overfill the mixer bowl.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “My new favourite recipe for bircher muesli – so quick and tasty! Gives the ability to eat healthy with minimal preparation time, while also offering variety by changing the toppings you can use." - Fiona
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Variations: *Can be made without Dairy
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- oats - 50g, rolled
- milk of choice - 120g, (*ensure DF / NF if required)
- yoghurt - 25g, optional, (*omit for DF)
- apple - 1, cored
- Suggested toppings:
- chia seeds
- goji berries
- almond butter - (*omit for NF)
- blueberry compote
- berries of choice - fresh
- seeds of choice - such as pumpkin, sunflower, flaxseeds
- coconut - toasted, flakes
- Add the rolled oats (50g) to the bowl. Pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 2-3 x 1 second blasts.
- Move the oats to a serving bowl, then add the milk (120g) and yoghurt (25g, if using) to the oats. Stir to combine.
- Add the cored apple (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 2 seconds.
- Add the apple pieces to the oat mixture. Stir again to combine.
- Allow to sit for a couple of minutes before adding your favourite toppings.
Make your own!
* Make your own almond butter with the Almond Cashew Nut Butter recipe from The Easy Issue.