Individual Orange Strawberry Crumbles
This is a real belly warmer on a cold winter's night. It will be devoured by young and old alike, and it's perfect for when you have some strawberries on hand! You can choose to make this as a larger crumble to share by cooking it in a small casserole dish, if you prefer. This recipe also lends itself to being doubled.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “The golden crumble with the almonds was so yummy, and it will be my go-to crumble recipe from now on." - Renee
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 23 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
- strawberries - 400g, fresh, hulled and halved
- sugar - 1 tsp
- orange - 1/2, zest only
- orange juice - 40g
- ice cream - or cream, to serve
- Crumble topping:
- butter - 60g
- self raising flour - 60g
- brown sugar - 20g
- almonds - 40g, slivered
- coconut - 10g, shredded
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- To a small bowl, add the halved strawberries (400g), sugar (1 tsp), orange zest (from 1/2 orange) and orange juice (40g). Stir to combine.
- Divide between two ramekins.
- Add the butter (60g) into the mixer bowl. Program 3 minutes / 80C / Speed 2.
- Add the self raising flour (60g), brown sugar (20g), slivered almonds (40g), shredded coconut (10g) and vanilla extract (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 4-6 seconds.
- Spoon the crumble mix onto the strawberries.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown and crunchy.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of cream or scoop of ice cream.