Indian Spiced Chickpea Patties
We love these scrumptious little morsels for the lunchbox. Such a great way to enjoy a snack or lunch item that is gluten, dairy, egg AND nut free! We love to shallow fry these, as they give the patty a crisp layer despite having no coating.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A flavoursome vegetarian patty, good with salad or in a burger to make a meal." - Diana
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes per batch
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- turmeric - 1 tsp
- garam masala - 1 tsp
- dried coriander - 1/2 tsp, ground
- cumin - 1/2 tsp, ground
- mustard seeds - 1 tsp, black
- oil - 20g, plus extra for frying
- chickpeas - 800g tin, drained and rinsed well (drained weight approx. 550g)
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- lemon juice - 40g
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- salad of choice - to serve, optional
- Add the halved onion (1) and peeled garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the turmeric (1 tsp), garam masala (1 tsp), ground coriander (1/2 tsp), ground cumin (1/2 tsp), black mustard seeds (1 tsp) and oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the rinsed chickpeas (800g tin), chopped parsley (2 Tbsp), lemon juice (40g), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 8 until combined well.
- Remove the mixture from the bowl and roll into 20-30 small balls. Flatten slightly.
- Place a little oil into a large frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Cook several patties at a time in the pan for 5 minutes on each side to heat through.
- Allow to cool before placing into a container alongside some salad.